From The Amazon Media Room:
Amazon today announced a record-setting holiday season for Amazon Prime, the annual membership program offering unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items. More than one million customers around the world became new Prime members in the third week of December. On Amazon’s peak shipping day, more Prime items were shipped worldwide than ever before. The entire 2013 holiday season was the best ever for Amazon, with more than 36.8 million items ordered worldwide on Cyber Monday, which is a record-breaking 426 items per second, and millions of customers unwrapped Kindle e-readers and Kindle Fire tablets this holiday season.
. . . .
- Selection in the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library in 2013 grew from 250,000 books to more than 475,000 books—books that Kindle owners with a Prime membership can borrow for free with no due dates.
- More than 200,000 exclusive books were added to the Kindle store in 2013.
- The most gifted Kindle book during the holiday season was “Sycamore Row” by John Grisham.
- 150 Kindle Direct Publishing authors each sold more than 100,000 copies of their books in 2013. Top sellers this year include “Hopeless” by Colleen Hoover and “Wait for Me” by Elisabeth Naughton.
- The best-selling Kindle Direct Publishing author during the holiday season was H.M. Ward.
- Kindle Direct Publishing authors sold hundreds of thousands of books in November through the new Kindle Countdown Deals.
Link to the rest at Amazon Media Room