From The Digital Reader:
A book’s cover is often the first thing a reader sees when they find your book for the first time.
You never have a second chance to make a first impression, as the saying goes, which is why many would suggest you hire a professional to design your book covers.
But some authors have the skill to DIY or want to learn about cover design by doing so they can work better with the designers they hire, so here are fourteen sites, services, and apps that you can use to make an awesome book cover.
Link to the rest at The Digital Reader
Nate has included several interesting-looking sites with which PG was not familiar.
He has used Canva, however, for creating and formatting some social media posts (not for TPV and not book covers, but for other parts of the PG media empire).
Here’s what Canva says about book cover design:
You’ve done the hard work and created an amazing book. Make sure it sells out by creating an awesome cover design!
Canva’s free book cover maker is ridiculously easy to use – even for the novice or not-so-tech-savvy writer. Our book cover maker allows you to choose from hundreds of layouts, making it easier than ever to create a memorable cover.
. . . .
Create a beautiful book cover in under 5 minutes
- Open Canva and select the “Kindle Cover” design type or insert your own custom dimensions
- Choose from our library of professionally designed layouts
- Upload your own photos or choose from over 1 million stock images
- Fix your images, add stunning filters and edit text
- Save and share
Customize your book cover to suit your book genre
- Change the images. Upload your own images or choose from our stock library of over 1 million photographs, graphics and illustrations.
- Change the fonts. Choose from of over 130 fresh fonts.
- Change the background. Choose a background from our library or use an image.
- Change the colors. Change the color of your text boxes and text to add extra flair.
Here is a demonstration of Canva’s power (for good or evil). PG created this cover in a few short moments without even thinking about it.