PG promises this is the last of today’s AI writing posts.
Prompt: Provide a fictional plot outline in Danielle Steel’s style and themes.
Title: “Shadows of Yesterday”
- Setting and Introduction:
- The story unfolds in modern-day New York City.
- Introduce the protagonist, Isabella, a young, ambitious, and successful magazine editor facing personal and professional challenges.
- Isabella’s Background:
- Isabella comes from a wealthy, but emotionally distant family.
- Flashbacks reveal her struggles with her demanding and critical mother, shaping her relentless drive for perfection.
- Career Challenges:
- Isabella is up for a major promotion, but faces stiff competition and workplace politics.
- Her professional life is a whirlwind of high-profile events, glamorous parties, and celebrity interviews, masking her inner turmoil.
- Romantic Entanglements:
- Isabella’s love life is complicated, caught between a comfortable but unexciting relationship with a longtime friend and a passionate, unpredictable affair with a charismatic entrepreneur.
- Family Crisis:
- A sudden family tragedy forces Isabella to reevaluate her life choices.
- She returns home to confront unresolved issues with her family, particularly her mother.
- Self-Discovery and Growth:
- Through these trials, Isabella embarks on a journey of self-discovery.
- She begins to understand the importance of balance in life and starts to question her relentless pursuit of success.
- New Love Interest:
- Amidst her personal growth, Isabella meets a new love interest – someone who challenges her perspectives and offers a more authentic and supportive relationship.
- Climactic Decision:
- Faced with a pivotal career decision, Isabella must choose between her lifelong ambition and a chance at genuine happiness.
- This decision is complicated by a surprise revelation related to her family’s past.
- Isabella makes a bold decision that prioritizes her personal happiness and true self over societal expectations.
- The story concludes with her embarking on a new path, finding a balance between her career ambitions and personal life.
- The narrative weaves through themes of self-discovery, the complexity of family dynamics, the pursuit of success, and the search for love and personal fulfillment.
- It highlights the often difficult choices women face in balancing career, family, and romance.
This fictional outline is inspired by Danielle Steel’s style, known for her emotionally rich stories that explore family, relationships, and personal growth set against the backdrop of contemporary life. The plot combines elements of romance, drama, and self-discovery, typical of Steel’s bestselling novels
End of ChatGPT4
Since PG is not an expert on the works of Ms. Steel, he’ll leave comments on the accuracy of the plot outline to those who are.
For PG, this series of “Provide a fictional plot outline in (well-known author’s) style and themes” AI experiments is the first indication that AI might be a potentially-useful tool for authors.
It strikes him that AI might be helpful for beginning authors writing in various genres. PG checked the Romance Writers of America website and this is part of what he found:
Romance fiction is smart, fresh and diverse. Whether you enjoy contemporary dialogue, historical settings, mystery, thrillers or any number of other themes, there’s a romance novel waiting for you!
Two basic elements comprise every romance novel: a central love story and an emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending.
A Central Love Story: The main plot centers around individuals falling in love and struggling to make the relationship work. A writer can include as many subplots as they want as long as the love story is the main focus of the novel.
An Emotionally Satisfying and Optimistic Ending: In a romance, the lovers who risk and struggle for each other and their relationship are rewarded with emotional justice and unconditional love.
Romance novels may have any tone or style, be set in any place or time, and have varying levels of sensuality—ranging from sweet to extremely hot. These settings and distinctions of plot create specific subgenres within romance fiction.
The same types of expected elements can be found in all the genre fiction that floats into PG’s mind – fantasy, sci-fi, YA, horror, mysteries, etc. His is impression from his personal AI experiments is that one of the things AI can do is generate some interesting ideas for rules-based subjects.