From Publishers Perspectives:
Launched in the spring of 2018 with the aim of getting Canadian books into Ontario classrooms, 49th Teachers expands on the established book promotion platforms 49th Shelf and 49th Kids, but is designed to connect directly with teachers and teacher-librarians.
. . . .
The new teacher initiative may well be of interest to other world markets’ publishers who would like to see their books better featured in educational settings.
The site offers educators a database of nearly 20,000 Canadian-authored kids’ and YA books as well as nearly 800 related resources, all available as free downloads.
One area of the site, for example, features “character education” selections that are recommended for development of respect, responsibility, empathy, kindness, teamwork, fairness, and so on.
. . . .
In addition to the database, the site offers users:
- Options to search by author, title, genre, subject area, age, and grade level
- Access to nearly 800 resources developed specifically for use with books in the database, searchable by subject, grade, and by resource type such as teacher’s guides, reading guides, handouts, etc.
- A variety of themed booklists prepared either by the site editor or by educators
- A books blog written by a children’s books librarian
- Links to reviews, recommendations, and purchasing options
- The ability to create book lists and share them with other site members
Link to the rest at Publishers Perspectives